6.15.2009

long hair dont care :) for now


ok so it goes like this. i';ve already said it quite a few times but God is that DUDE.

so, he took care of my fam in a major way last november/december. my sister dealt with aplastic anemia. life threatening. but not cancer. before the diagnosis, they thot it may have been leukemia. now, being the smart ppl that my parents and sister are, they did not tell me it coulda been leukemia cause i would have driven from indy to va in 4.3 seconds flat. first semester exams...not for carlin...but it didnt come to that.

so, if you've been keeping up, my sister DID NOT have cancer, and she was/is also healed from the sickness she did have (and i mean healed and blessed in a big way, ie graduated this may, ON TIIIIME, from college, with HONORS...yeah, negroes and others dont graduate w their FULL health, on time...).

so, lots to be thankful for right. yeah, lots.

so around april im studying with a homie from law school, well actually pretending to study ie facebooking and talking, and she says carlin you could pull off a bald head.

LOL. okkk. thanks girly, but nawww, do you see how big my head is?? lol. trust me, i know i have a 5head, theres only more lurking below these locks.

but then she went on to tell me about this org called st.baldrick's day. basically ppl raise money by getting pledges baseed on them saying and then SHAVING their heads.

usually it's mostly guys, but when girls do it, it def pulls in more funds and attention. and the funds and attention go to finding a cure for childhood cancer.

lemme tie it all together for sommme of you out there.

when my homegirl mentioned this st.baldrick's piece, i thot that itd be a great way to show my concern for cancer patients, but also my elation that my sister was spared. so it's 50 50.

and the more i thot about it, the more i saw how maybe, for a little girl thats going through chemo and just lost her hair...maybe seeing an older girl/woman (slash bc i dont feel grown like a woman, but technically i am...i guess. almost) cut her hair may make that little girl feel less self conscious and sad.

maybe it wont. but im gonna take that chance.

here's the humorous part. lots of ppl dont think itl happen. and i am admitting, in the last month i had punked out and said i wasnt gonna do it and that i only wanted to do it to act out.

well, today i realized that i wanna do it to show my concern for anyone afflicted with cancer, bc it has touched us ALL in some way.

and yes, it will be liberating to cut my hair, which i have never done before aside from getting the ends clipped for maintenance.

i have no ideaaaa how i'll look, but worse case i'll throw a scarf on. and based on my fam's track record and a little indian in the blood our hair seems to grow pretty quickly. lol. but maybe it wontt. my reason for doing this is mainly the cancer funds, but also because i am not my hair.

its really funny, the most opposition ive gotten on this endeavor is from black men. being from new orleans, down there especially, long hair, light skin = you can have whatever you liiiike. lol. but for real. culturally we are just brain washed. dont worry, i could go on and on about this, but i shant, not tonight at least.

if someone is only interested cause of my hair, or mostly bc of it, thaaanks, but no thanks. i guess this will be a good way to find out right?? lol.

another small part of why i punked out was bc i was worried about a dude's reaction. sheeeeeeeeeeesh right. but yeah...i was like "i can just do relay for life instead...let's not take a chance and desert this long hair..., hEEE wont like it."

lol. i tell ya. life is a funny funny journey. so much is easier said than done.

so keep an eye out...imma put in work tomorrow on the specifics, already been in touch with the foundation. if you wanna help out in any way, getting your head shaved with me, or donating, or helping organize, or performing at the event, pipe up. should be going down about a month from now, in new orleans through my church. lets goooo :)


sincerely,
carlin


p.s. sooo not tryna be like kanye's cute chick, or cassie, or lala etc. i hope i look as cute as they do with it...but its a tosssss upppp. lol.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not lying, patronizing or being fake when i say this: i think you will still be incredibly attractive without the hair. (though, honestly, i too prefer long hair). i can say this only because i've seen it work before in females,(though very beautiful) that are not quite as pretty as you. In other news i laugh @ the irony of me growing my hair the same time you cut it

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY ROOMIE!!! I see you supporting the good cause! I support you and I hope you inspire others to live free, unattached to their hair and other physical attributes that shouldn't make a person's personality. I mean it is just hair. It will grow back. ROCK OUT WITH UR BALDIE OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man if you ever seen the Spook Behind the Door, then you know the real light skin dude who was the most enlighten about all the brainwashing of blacks, reminds me of you, seems like its one of those things like once you have it you realize it, the anglos water is always colder, i say chopped it off...j.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) yal make me smile. its not bc of the attn, its bc of what i see as honesty, from yal.

    ReplyDelete